This is an absolutely delicious recipe for the chillier weather. Delicious on its own or with a low-PPV corn bread recipe, this meal is a standard at my house. Adapted from Cooking Light.
8 servings at 6 PointsPlus Values per serving
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 large)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground lean turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar*
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped*
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Chopped green onions (optional)
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; sauté 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender. Add sugar and next 9 ingredients (through chipotle) to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate, stirring to melt. Ladle 1 1/4 cups chili in each of 8 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt. Garnish with green onions.
*I use sweetened 60-70% chocolate feves and omit the brown sugar.